Black Silicon Carbide, also know as Black SiC, is produced in an electric resistance furnace from quartz sand and petroleum coke at high temperature. The hardness and sharp particle of this material make it suitable for manufacturing of grinding wheels, coated products, wire saws, superior refractory materials and deoxide as well as for lapping, polishing and blasting.
1. Corrosion resistance, high strength, high hardness.
2. Good wear-resisting performance,resist to shock.
3. Silicon carbide is a cost-effective substitute for Ferrosilicon.
4. Silicon carbide has Multi-functions. (1): Remove oxygen from iron compound. (2): Adjust the carbon content. (3): Act as a fuel and provide energy.
5. Sic costs less than ferrosilicon and carbon combination.
6. SiC has no dust nuisance while feeding the material.
7. Silicon carbide can speed up the reaction.
The physical and chemical analysis:
black silicon carbide
Value of specification (%)
1,Grinding wheels 2,Electrical 3,Coated tools4,Heating elements 5,Polishing6,Ceramic 7,Lapping8,Refractory